21.5 Hours Lecture AGD Subject Code: 690
1.5 Hours Participation AGD Subject Code: 690
Our Course Objectives
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to…
- Apply Implanting Mentors presentation of evidenced- based research and knowledge of advanced bone graft reconstruction for predictable rehabilitation.
- Describe the 3D anatomy, biologic activity and surgical wound healing for advanced bone graft procedures.
- Identify treatment parameters and surgical protocols of advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Perform practical hands-on workshop skills related to advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Identify, assess, resolve and prevent complications associated with advanced bone graft procedures.
- Observe live advanced bone graft surgery to solidify clear procedural understanding.
- History and rationale for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Radiographic CBCT 3D diagnostic, anatomy, analysis, evaluation (including Paranasal sinuses) and interactive treatment planning for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Medical/dental evaluation importance and Pharmacologic management for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Prosthetic/ Surgical diagnosis and Treatment planning (osseous defects) for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Bone anatomy physiology, biology, classifications, density, healing modalities for alveolar reconstruction.
- Advanced surgical principles, techniques, armamentarium, pre/post-operative management, anesthetic techniques, incision designs, tissue reflection/ stretching and management, site development for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Graft augmentation material comparisons, indications and limitations (autografts, allografts, xenografts and alloplasts).
- Resorbable/ Nonresorbable barrier membranes comparison and proper use for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- The role of growth factor technology (L-PRF, PRP, rhPDGF and rhBMP-2) in conjunction with advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Still the “Gold standard?” Block bone grafting harvest from mandibular Ramus, mandibular Symphysis and alveolar bone spreading (ridge splitting) using Piezo and Rotary techniques.
- Sinus bone grafting strategies for the atrophied posterior maxillary sinus, lateral wall graft protocol and alveolar ridge crestal approach (aka sinus bump) graft protocol.
- Prosthetic (fixed or edentulous) progressive bone loading protocols for advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Atraumatic extractions and socket membrane grafting for prevention of advanced bone graft reconstruction.
- Management of advanced bone graft post-operative complications.
There are no reviews yet.