8 Hours Lecture AGD Subject Code: 690
Our Course Objectives
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to…
- Apply Implanting Mentors presentation of evidenced- based research and knowledge when treating dental implant related complications.
- Distinguish the research focus is shift from description of clinical success to identifications of factors causing implant failures.
- Identify complications and their etiology.
- Identify that complications are generally a result of adverse anatomy, biologic, mechanical, medical/ medication, radiographic, technical, treatment planning (surgical and prosthetic) issues.
- Learn local complications in dental implant surgery of early stage and late stage.
- Recognize, assess, resolve and prevent complications associated with implant related procedures.
- Anatomical complications, atrophied bone, angulation of bone.
- Surgical complications, hemorrhage and hematoma, neurosensory disturbances, damage to adjacent teeth.
- Biologic complications, Inflammation, dehiscence and recession, peri-implantitis and bone loss, implant loss or failure.
- Mechanical complications, poor implant position, insufficient posterior support, inadequate available bone, excessive force (Bruxism), screw loosening, loosening or fracture of the implant, joint separating forces.
- Medical/medication complications, bleeding problems, bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- Radiographic complications, noise and scatter, motion artefacts and resolution.
- Technical complications, screw loosening and fracture, implant fracture, fracture of restorative materials.
- Treatment planning complications, biomechanical
- Esthetic and phonetic complications.
- Early-stage complications, infection, edema, ecchymosis and hematomas, emphysema, bleeding, flap dehiscence, sensory disorders.
- Late-stage complications, perforation of the mucoperiosteum, maxillary sinusitis, mandibular fractures, failed osseointegration, bony defects, periapical implant lesion.
- Prevention of legal issues, consents pre/ post-op instructions.
There are no reviews yet.